Thursday, October 9, 2008

Reporting In After Raleigh Show



I have just spent the last week in Raleigh, NC at A Shopping Spree! the Junior League show which was great! Very exhausting, but fun none the less. The ladies, JL'ers and shoppers were wonderful. However the hours of this show were very long and I was glad to get home to relax and get rest!! I had several new items in this show, incredible hand-dye silk shibori scarves, silk shibori flowers with magnetic backs, pashmina shawls, then my standard items like the Horst Couture Lattice Shawls, Hand-Painted Shoes, Glass Bracelets, and the real show stoppers were the one-of-a-kind original Fayla Reiss wraps that I brought in just for this show. These pieces were beyond incredible.




I have to tell you about my fellow vendors the best part of the show. As most of you know I have done both retail and wholesale shows for years now and have numerous neighbors at the shows. Each show I just love my fellow neighbors but these gals, and guy were the best. Beth from Lucky Drops (fab jewelry designer) was too much fun to be around. Her designs are a must and very affordable, http://www.luckydrops.com/ , plus her infectious happy personality you will just love! Jump on her site to see all of her collection or catch her at a show. Then there was our pistol of a lady Ruth, Home Field Inc. She had the most incredible 3-d collegiate and professional atheletic football & baseball fields. These were really cool and a great gift for anyone who loves sports. Then there was our token man, Mike. No, not my husband this time. He kept us laughing and shaking our heads wondering if he was serious. What fun he was. What wonderful handmade children's boxes he had.




Anyway, the show was fun and well run, Raleigh is a beautiful town. I did get a chance to spend a wonderful night with my aunt and catch up with her (over due!) on Sunday. So now back to the studio and the holiday orders and getting things and show schedules lined up for next year.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the shoes!!!

KeanaLee said...

It's about time, great blog - I wish you much success!

Turbo Photographs said...

Well done! Welcome to the blog world and thanks for the kind words! -Beth

Mimi said...

What a wonderful venue to have people keep up with your creative ventures! Pam

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great show. the booth looks beautiful!
busy here dyeing silk and sewing flowers like a mad woman!
so glad to have added you to my blog world!