Tuesday, October 21, 2008


So, these past few days since returning from the last show I have been giving a lot of thought to the advice that was given to me from my fellow artisans. The advice was that I need to get my products marketed in as many avenues as possible so that they may gain the best and fullest exposure. So, with this sound advice I have opened a store on the website Etsy. This is a wonderful site where people go there knowing they are searching for pieces and know that each item is an original hand-made product by an artist. I think this is what I have struggled with for so many years, is getting the message to people that my items are not massed produced but hand-made, 1 by 1 by myself or inconjunction with another artist.


So, as time goes on I will post my jewelry (haven't seen that in a long, long time have you!), shawl pins, shawl sticks, painted shoes, belts with glass buckles, and oh yes, my infamous crystal snowflakes!! So check it out when you have a chance http://www.artisticvisiondesign.etsy.com/ . I will always be updating it with new items for sale that I find in my studio or am creating.


Just a side note, I am currently working on a 7' glass waterfall that runs down a set of steps leading to our backyard. This is a massive project and is a true 1 of a kind idea. We are filming the entire process for sanity reasons! I'll post progress results as time goes on.

No comments: